XITE aims to offer the best music video experience in the world. Founded in the Netherlands, XITE now reaches consumers across Europe and North America through linear networks, interactive TV, and on-demand streaming services. The company revolutionized the way audiences experience music videos by allowing viewers to search, like, and skip through its vast catalog; enjoy channels curated by its team of music experts; and create personalized channels based on genre, era and visual style using its unique Mixer feature. XITE has access to virtually every available music video through agreements with all major and top independent music labels.
For our growing team, we are looking for a Commercial Business Analyst with a commercial mindset. In this position you will work at an international company, creating insight into business problems and data patterns while utilizing your analytical skills to the maximum. You will work closely with the Data Engineering, Finance, Sales and Advertising team for business analytics. Furthermore, you will proactively monitor the activity on our interactive and our linear platforms, allowing the relevant stakeholders to make data-driven decisions and helping them to continuously improve their strategy.
What you will be doing
- Your main goal is to increase profitability based on your data- driven analysis
- You are the main point of contact for business intelligence reporting for commercial and financial teams within XITE;
- You give insights into XITE music video and advertising consumption, to help maximize ad revenue while also maximizing user engagement;
- You proactively monitor XITE usage on the different platforms and inform stakeholders about anomalies in behavior, so that we can catch errors and ‘surprises’ early on and respond to them appropriately;
- You develop and maintain reports for products and for the core KPI’s so that these are always up-to-date and reliable, and distribute them to the relevant people;
- You document and standardize methodologies and system processes within XITE;
- You work with the sales, advertising and finance departments to align information and methods and identify potential ways to improve the business;
- You will work with our real-time technology stack, which includes Python, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Cassandra, to help explore our data, and receive on the job guidance to be able to do this.
- You love numbers, analytics, and digging deep into data to investigate business questions and identify and solve problems;
- You have excellent skills in working with at least one major spreadsheet or database technology (i.e. Excel, MySQL, R);
- You are motivated, proactive, curious and a quick learner with a commercial mindset;
- You can work independently, but are also a true teamplayer;
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written and have excellent communication skills;
- You (preferably) have a graduate degree in a related business or finance field;
- Nice-to-have: experience with scripting (e.g. Python), experience with Kibana or a similar data visualization/exploration tool
- A background in econometrics is an advantage
- You have 2+ years of relevant work experience
What do you get out of it?
Here at XITE we make sure you’re taken care of by providing you the opportunity to develop your career in a young, fast growing (international) company. We provide a challenging work environment where professionalism, initiative and creativity are a must. We have a unique combination of music, television and new technology. And let’s not forget; we have chef prepared lunches, Friday afternoon drinks and rooftop parties – click here – to get an impression!
Kijk voor meer informatie op de website van Xite.